North Devon is rightly famous for its food and drink - both eating out and local produce to take home.
Here is a list of food outlets. For places to visit and things to do see the Local Attractions link in the menu above.
We are blessed with many award winning pubs, cafes and restaurants in the local area, and some more that our guests recommend. Here are just a few of them;
- Hoops Inn. Within walking distance of Northway, a pub and restaurant full of character and serving delicious food and real ale.
- Tea on the Green. For fantastic lunches and teas. "Cakes are amazing".
- Instow Arms. Overlooking Instow beach and serving great food
- Morans. At Westward Ho! Watch the sun go down over the sea whilst enjoying a cocktail before a fabulous meal of Thai or English cuisine
- Weirmarsh Farm. In Umberleigh, provides a superb dining experience serving excellent food in luxurious surroundings. Book well in advance. Ideal for a special celebration. Half an hour from Northway but worth it.
- The Bell Inn Parkham. Traditional local country pub serving great food and real ale
- Fremington Quay Café. A great stop-off on the Tarka Trail, with lovely food.
- Docton Mill. For a fabulous cream tea in beautiful gardens
- The Wayfarer. Very friendly pub with lots of fishy things on the menu - all good.
- The Old Smithy. At Welcombe. Great place to eat after a walk on Welcombe beach.
- The Pig On The Hill. Great food in a pub atmosphere.
A lot of our guests enjoy sampling some of the wonderful locally produced food and drink we have here in North Devon readily available at any of the local markets and also at the places listed below.
Butchers Row in Barnstaple is also worth a visit for a selection of food shops open from Monday to Saturday
For all your standard groceries, Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda will all deliver an on-line order to your cottage. Be sure to select "Northway House" in the dropdown list and enter your cottage name somewhere on the form.
- Farm Produce. Pre-arrange a delivery of fresh local vegetables, fruit, eggs and dairy produce to your cottage
- Marshfords. An amazing array of organic foods which can be pre-ordered on-line for collection from their farm shop near Appledore.
- Dan the Fisherman. Local man selling the freshest local fish